While I have trained most extensively in Object Relations and Cognitive-Behavioral Psychotherapy, I continue to study and use different approaches when appropriate. Not every problem has a behavioral “here and now” solution, nor does every problem necessitate a re-working of early childhood traumas. I am a pragmatist at heart and my greatest desire is to help you achieve your goals as quickly as possible.
When we meet:
- I will listen carefully to your unique life-story.
- I will take the time to understand, acknowledge and validate where you’ve been and what you’ve experienced.
- I will help you discern your honest authentic self from your defense mechanisms, fears, insecurities and bad habits.
- When appropriate, I will help you explore how to live a life of greater authenticity, integrity, and self-expression.
- I will help you heal old wounds and broken relationships.
- I will help you how to overcome (or minimize) depression and anxiety.
- I will help you heal from abuse or neglect that has impacted your life.
- I will help you design a healthy and balanced lifestyle based on your values and aspirations.
The Importance of Integrity
How do you know when to trust someone? How do you know when to say “yes” and when to say “no?” How do you decide between two things you really want? Why do you sometimes experience resentment or regret? When is it best to selflessly give to others and when is it best...
What to do if you can’t sleep
A serious and widespread problem According to the CDC, “About 70 million Americans suffer from chronic sleep problems. Sleep deprivation is associated with injuries, chronic diseases, mental illnesses, poor quality of life and well-being, increased health care costs,...
5 rules on how to be normal
Many of my clients have asked, at one time or another, “What is normal?” In an effort to save time and energy, I am printing out these rules on how to be normal so that all of us can be on the same page. These rules, attributed to Father Tom Westin, were originally...