Some common things I help clients with are:
- Building communication and problem solving skills
- Speaking your truth powerfully and respectfully
- Learning to listen
- Deepening your empathy and compassion for one another
- Defining and upholding boundaries
- Identifying disrespectful behavior and eliminating it
- Building a lifestyle of kindness and generosity
- Growing your sexual relationship
- Developing a mutual sense of understanding, acceptance and value
- Maintaining a set of common interests
- Knowing how and when to let things go – and when not to
Limits only make sense in the light of consistent healthy agreements. In the discussion of healthy agreements, I explained the importance of treating one another with dignity and respect, regardless of the subject. These agreements ensure that no matter how difficult...
Showing interest and support for your partner’s hopes, dreams, fantasies, guilty pleasures, and hobbies is one key to a deeper sense of love and connection. Our mind is a private world. Thoughts and feelings that pleasure or plague us, inspire or intimidate us, both...
Someone I once knew told me that we should listen twice as much as we speak because God gave us two ears and only one mouth. At first blush, it would seem that listening would be a relatively easy – even passive act. If only it were so easy. Of all the skills I...